Why invert? I say…why NOT? Here are my top reasons for going upside down everyday!
- Creates a sense of childlike playfulness. Embrace your fear…and just DO IT! Going upside down reminds us of what it was like to be a kid. Playful, innocent, and full of life!
- A better “perk up” than a cup of joe. When the blood flows toward the head you will feel energized in body and mind!
- To focus on the present. When you are upside down, it is pretty tough to focus on anything else! This is calming and grounding.
- Builds confidence. Learning to go upside down can be scary and frustrating, but just like everything else in life, it takes consistent effort and practice. What happens when that practice and effort come together? Success, confidence, and full blown ROCK STAR status.
- Balance…DUH! When you have balance upside down, just imagine what your balance will be like when you are right side up!
- To de-stress. Our feel good chemicals like serotonin, dopamine, and endorphins are released when the feet go above the head. Hello HAPPY!
- Last…but definitely not least, CORE strength. It takes all the muscles of the core (obliques, transverse abdominus, and rectus abdominus) to sustain an inversion. Think forearm plank while upside down…that’s what it takes!