Now that we are well into January, the New Year’s resolutions are in full swing…or are they? This activity was helpful for me to have an idea of what I REALLY want my year to look like. What do I want DO? Where do I want to GO? What am I going to ACCOMPLISH? What will make my year AWESOME? Most importantly, who my SUPPORT system be?
- What do I want my year to look like? I am not looking to make huge changes this year, I want to remain consistent. I want to continue to work on my self-care and fitness routine. Last year I discovered that keeping up with fitness and healthy eating makes me FEEL good. I want to continue to FEEL good and be available to the people that need me most.
- What do I want to DO? I have career goals for this year, but what I really want to DO is create a financial freedom plan. Is that weird? I want to be able to create a financial plan AND stick to it. I have a history of instant gratification. If I decide I want something, it better have arrived YESTERDAY. Short term gratification, long term loss. I don’t want to live like that anymore, so there is no time like the present to make a plan!
- Where do I want to GO? I want to go to Santa Monica to take a yoga class with Vinnie Marino. A while back I read an article that featured him and I was instantly intrigued. The article spoke about his unique blend of Eastern and Western philosophies of yoga, his eclectic playlists, and his charismatic teaching style. I want to experience that, even if it is just once.
- What do I want to ACCOMPLISH? I want to write a business plan for a cool concept I have been tossing around my head for years. I keep coming back to this idea, it never leaves me, it’s always in my head and has me thinking about SOMEDAY. Well, if I don’t do anything about it, SOMEDAY will never come.
- What will make my year AWESOME? All of the things above will make my year AWESOME, but what I really love about my life is my relationships. I have been unbelievably blessed with surrounding myself with some of the greatest people on the planet. I know that the year ahead brings a trip (or two) with friends, countless basketball and baseball games with my son, watching my daughter in gymnastics, PTO events, yoga classes, parties, pool afternoons, and a few nights out. Every time I get to do these things I feel so grateful. I get the warm fuzzies because I get to see and spend time with incredible people. These people not only make me as better person, they support me in all my dreams and crazy ideas!
Now it is YOUR turn! Check out this activity. Feel free to print it out to use for yourself and your family.